DIY cooler in a pinic table keep drinks cool.
Picnic tables are great for throwing parties and hanging out with friends. The problem with picnic tables is most of the time you are outside and drinks won’t stay frosty cold for long in the sun. A great DIY cooler can be made from rain guttersand removing a plank from the picnic table.
Estimated time: 45 minutes
- Picnic Table wiling to be modified
- Spare rain gutter
- Bolts and Screws to install gutter
- Measuring Tape
- Power drill
- Safety Goggles/Glasses
- Measure out the section that is going to be the “cooler” section. Make sure the cut out section does not contain any part that supports the table up.
- Cut appropriate amount of gutter to fill in the empty space make sure to leave some extra space to “fold” over the gutter so it will be able to hold the ice.
- The next step is to remove the wood space from the picnic table, this will vary depending on picnic tables. Most tables will need to be sawed out. Be sure to wear eye protection while you do this.
- Place the rain gutter “cooler” into the empty space where you cut out the wood.
- Secure with bolts from bottom or top depending on how you want the cooler to look.
- Fill with ice, open up a drink, enjoy your DIY cooler.