Homemade bug spray humane way to keep bugs off your plants
If you’re a DIYer like myself you grow your own herbs and small fruits and veggies. And if you grow your own plants at home and want to keep bugs off your plants. The problem with most bug sprays is that they contain harsh chemicals that will effect your plants which you will later eat (gross). This DIY is for a simple homemade bug spray to keep little buggers off your plants using only two natural ingredients; jalapenos and water.
Bugs that nibble on the leaves of the plants won’t like the spicy taste of jalapenos so they’ll just move on to other plants. Great humanitarian way to keep bugs off your plants without killing them. The only drawback from this is that if you live in a rainy state like me (Florida) you will have to reapply more often. Not a bad drawback for non-chemical coated fruits, herbs and veggies.
- Water (1 Pint)
- 1-2 tsp of Jalapenos Juice (or a whole jalapeno)
- Spray Bottle
- Mix water with jalapeno juice
- fill into a spray bottle
- coat plants top and bottom with the solution
If you don’t have jalapeno juice.
- Slice jalapenos into slices or small pieces
- Place jalapenos into water
- Bring to a boil and boil for one or two minutes
- Wait until it cools before pouring it into a spray bottle
- Coat top and bottom of plant leaves
Have any other homemade bug spray recipes? Let me know in the comments below.