Homemade Insect Repellent Natural and Good for you.
Store brought insect repellent contains many harsh chemicals and agents that you may not want on your skin. This simple recipe for homemade insect repellent is great for your skin, smells great and it keeps the bugs off. Great for those summer nights out that you want to smell great and be green at the same time.
This insect repellent is not recommend for use on small children and infants.
The main ingredient in this recipe if olive oil which is great for your skin. Citronella oil is the oil that keeps bugs off, so if you want to modify the recipe to your preference of smell. Let me know the comments below!
- 15-20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 15-20 drops lemon essential oil
- 15-20 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 15-20 drops citronella essential oil
- 1 ounce olive oil
- In a small spray bottle, mix all ingredients and shake well.
- Spray onto body where you want to keep the buggers off.
Like our homemade insect repellent? Try this recipe for homemade bug spray to keep bugs off your plants.