Homemade Laundry Detergent For The Thrifty Minded
Laundry detergent is expensive, looking for alternatives? Why not make your own at home and save a couple of bucks? Today I found a way to make homemade laundry detergent for only a couple of bucks. WhynotSew.blogspot.com featured a way to make homemade laundry detergent.
1 bar of soap (any kind you want)
1 cup of Borax
1 cup of washing soda
a big pot ( that holds more than 2 gallons)
a long spoon
2 empty gallon jugs/containers
1. Grate the bar of soap into your pot.
2. Pour one gallon of water into the pot, cook on medium until the soap dissolves.
3. Add Borax and Washing Soda.
4. Bring to a boil, solution will start to thicken.
5. Turn off heat.
6. Add one gallon of cold water.
7. Funnel into empty gallon containers.
8. Use roughly 1/2 a cup for each load of laundry.
The laundry detergent doesn’t produce suds, but it will still clean just as well as the brand stuff. Looking for a way to save money and time without using making laundry detergent? Try out Soap Nuts
they cost roughly $10 bucks for 100 loads, that’s 10 cents a load! They are organic fragrance free and hypoallergenic.