Recipe for chalk paint. Why buy when you can make it yourself?
Ever wanted to paint something with chalk paint but wanted to use different colors or just not commit to a whole pint? Why buy when you can make your own chalk paint? Using this recipe for chalk paint you can make any color you want and in a small enough quantity to paint small crafts.
Recipe for Chalk Paint
- Measure 1.5 teaspoons of the non-sanded grout and put in your mixing cup
- Pour in 1/4 cup of the craft paint, you can mix paint colors to get the right shade of colors. Such as black to darken or white to lighten.
- Stir for a couple minutes until everything is well incorporated (the mixture will be lumpy but as you paint it, it will spread evenly over the surface).
- Apply it with a sponge brush.
- Apply 2-3 coats of paint, thin coats are better then one big coat.
- To prep the chalkboard paint, use a piece of chalk and run it across the board, then wipe it with an eraser.