Wax paper transfer instead of buying expensive transfer sheets
Iron on transfers can pricey, but you can use this cheap alternative with materials you have laying around the house. This technique is from unexpectedelegance can save you a bundle on iron on transfer by using wax paper transfers. Please read all the directions before starting.
- Wax Paper
- Ink Jet Printer
- Credit Card or something similar.
- Cut your wax paper into the same size as sheets of printer paper. 8 1/2 by 11
- Find your graphic or text that you want to print
- Make sure you flip the image before you print it. Letters should look reversed before you print it.
- If you are using wood as a medium for the ink, wetting the ink slightly will help transfer the ink.
- Print the image
- Place image on medium that you want the image on. ONCE YOU PLACE THE IMAGE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE IT, IT WILL SMEAR. You must do this quickly before the ink dries!
- Using a credit card “scrape” the image onto your medium.
- Carefully remove the wax paper.